Due to the fire, two elderly women are now homeless and pondering their next move.
Based on information received, the fire began at around 01:00 hrs today. According to the tenant of the upper flat of the two storey concrete home, Engrid Barry, she was asleep when she heard the thud of something landing on the floor of her bedroom.
The woman said that after she realised that a fire had begun, she managed to flee the home and alerted the neighbours.
The tenant who resided in the lower flat was reportedly not at home at the time of the incident.
After fire fighters arrived at the scene, the blaze was ousted and a significant part of the upper flat had been destroyed.
Police say that a bottle and wick was found at the scene.