Home / Crime / Fire guts boutique in Berbice
IMG_1504

Fire guts boutique in Berbice

The Guyana Fire Service and the Guyana Police Force are now investigating the circumstances surrounding a fire on Tuesday morning which resulted in a No 78 Village, Corentyne, Berbice boutique going up in flames.
Based on information received, at around 04:30 hrs, the owner of the “Indulge Boutique”, Raj Ramdass was informed that his business was on fire.

Ramdass told the media that when he arrived at the scene of the fire, he was unable to save anything since the entire wooden and concrete structure had already been fully engulfed.

Further, this publication was told that when the fire fighters arrived, there were even more delays since there was no water available to out the blaze. As such, a pipeline in the area was broken.

According to police, the fire may have been as a result of an electrical wire sparking and catching alight.

Ramdass, a renowned businessman who owns several businesses in Corentyne, estimates his losses to be millions.

Check Also

robbery

Foreigners robbed in Bel-Air Park

Two Cubans were on Saturday last robbed at their vacation home in Bel-Air Park, Georgetown ...

crime

Salon robbed in South Ruimvedlt, armed bandits still at large

Police are hunting two men who reportedly stormed the Ultimate Image Unisex Salon located at ...