Based on information received, at around 04:30 hrs, the owner of the “Indulge Boutique”, Raj Ramdass was informed that his business was on fire.
Ramdass told the media that when he arrived at the scene of the fire, he was unable to save anything since the entire wooden and concrete structure had already been fully engulfed.
Further, this publication was told that when the fire fighters arrived, there were even more delays since there was no water available to out the blaze. As such, a pipeline in the area was broken.
According to police, the fire may have been as a result of an electrical wire sparking and catching alight.
Ramdass, a renowned businessman who owns several businesses in Corentyne, estimates his losses to be millions.